Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loop highlighted keyframes

Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make the keyframes repeat itself for few seconds, not all the keyframes in the layer, just the ones being highlighted. How do I do that?

The selected layer contains the CC Sphere Effect, and what's being highlighted are the Rotation x, y, and Z. I am making a rotating 3d golf ball and I want to make that loop for a few seconds.

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

use this expression:
x = 8 // number of last keyframes
loopOut("cycle",x)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you make this into a small composition, then you can loop the composition a numerous of times.

You can do this by right clicking the composition. Then you can click: interpret footage then a screen will open, at the bottom you can enter how many times you want to loop this composition.

Let me know if this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click the comp, the interpret footage isn't clickable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you Pre-Comp it? Make sure when you hit precompose that the lowest circle is select.

If you did this then mind sending a picture of how you have set it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't use the interpret footage dialog for precomps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, well i thought you could. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use this expression:
x = 8 // number of last keyframes
loopOut("cycle",x)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's the one! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. It's for the last keyframes. what if the selected keyframes were in the begining or in the middle or even randomly between several keyframes. One here an other one there. the other one somewhere else!

To be precise, I want to animate a human walks a pass. Then stops. Do something else. Then runs out of composition. Walking and running are looped array of key frames

I'm looking for an expression which loopin the related array of key frames for walking and loopout an other array of key frames for running. So the key frames between those two arrays wont loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Have you found the expression to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines