• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LoopOut expression not working on text pre comp.

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will admit I am an AE noob, but I have done my due diligence of watching every video and reading every post on the subject and I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't loop a very simple progression of text that I have pre-comped, applied time remapping, and wrote the loopout expression to. 

I noticed that when I enable time remapping, only one keyframe is created at the beginning of the precomp. So i add the second keyframe at the end of the precomp. Despite this, the precomp is not looping.

I have included a screen recording of what's going on, and would appreciate any advice.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

It looks to me like your precomp is about 30 seconds long or so, so the second time remapping keyframe is out to the right somewhere. If you shorten the duration of the precomp, you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like your precomp is about 30 seconds long or so, so the second time remapping keyframe is out to the right somewhere. If you shorten the duration of the precomp, you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, this did the trick. For other noobs like me looking at this thread in the future, I'll note that I went to "composition settings" in the composition menu and manually input the exact duration I wanted for the precomp. Worked a charm after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines