• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac aep files wont open on an older after effects version on windows

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following a tutorial online and have the exercise files downloaded, but the creator made them in an new after effects version on MAC(cc 2019) and they wont open on my CC 2018 version on windows. My internet is very slow and it would take me days to update to the newer version, so i was wondering if there is a way to fix this problem without having to update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

If there's a nearby acquaintance running CC 2019, ask for a favor -- download the project & media files, and backsave the project file to CC 2018 -- that's the important part.  Everything should fit nicely on a 16 GB thumb drive, with much room to spare.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bah-can-draw  wrote

but the creator made them in an new after effects version on MAC(cc 2019) and they wont open on my CC 2018 version on windows

You need to install the latest version of After effects. File formats are not downwards compatible. It is irrelevant if the file has been created by a MacOS or a Windows computer.

Moving this from Adobe Creative Cloud​ to After Effects​.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If there's a nearby acquaintance running CC 2019, ask for a favor -- download the project & media files, and backsave the project file to CC 2018 -- that's the important part.  Everything should fit nicely on a 16 GB thumb drive, with much room to spare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines