New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This is what my footage is looking like after importing into a composition:

Screenshot (50).png

Here's what I've learned so far:

Any mp4 file looks like this when imported. h264 or 265. I'm trying to get screen recorder footage to work, but both Android and Win10 sources are having the same issue. Mostly tried importing 4k, but having the same issues with 1080p. Portrait or Landscape makes no difference.

Now, when previewing the footage file in windows or android, all is looking fine.

In AE, when right-clicking on the video object in preview and setting quality to "draft", it temporarily looks okay, but the issue remains when exporting.

Changing any of the settings in " Interpret Footage > Main " doesn't do the trick.

Importing and exporting in Media Encoder creates the same issue, so I can't go with re-encoding to another file type and then trying again in AE.

Adobe software is all up-to-date via Creative Cloud.

Both video cards' drivers are as up-to-date as they can be: Internal Intel driver is kinda old from last year, but as good as it can be with my Lenovo product. Geforce 940MX driver is up-to-date.

I've tried disabling the Intel card and running exclusively off the GeForce (and visa versa). AE actually crashes when running only on GeForce.

Phew!  : )

I'd love and appreciate some guidance if anyone feels they may know the source of the issue.

Thanks,

Brendan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Transcode the problem clip to a different codec.  Something other than what you've been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode the problem clip to a different codec.  Something other than what you've been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave. I used ffmpeg to transcode to WMV of all things, but its working great. Still puzzled as to the source of the problem, as I didn't explicitly install any codecs -- just using AE's codecs. Happy though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DIGLLC,

This looks similar to the problem described here: Resolution for an issue where green, purple, or pink haze appears in the Source or Program monitors,...

The article mentions Premiere Pro but is applicable for After Effects too. Please follow the steps and see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines