Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

making a pop up panel/uielement like fx console with CEP or SDK

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ,
i need to make a popup ui element at the same mouse location when ever the user click CTRL for ex 
it's gonne be  a tiny canvas
so CEP Html canvas is the best option 

i got the canvas working however it must be triggered by the shortcut "CTRL" and also pop in the mouse location like videocopilot fx console ( which is a mix extendscript "jsx" and SDK  ".plugin")
i need the html canvas so bad 
the other option i think the panelator example from the SDK ?
any suggestions would be awesome 

thanks inadvance

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

CEP panels must have the window border, so that leaves you with Script UI or the C++ SDK. FX Console's popup window is a C++ SDK last I checked, and their dockable panel is a script UI panel. I'd first try and see if you can accomplish what you need with a Script UI panel as it's much faster to develop, if you can't, then resort to the C++ SDK.

If you don't care about the border, then you could potentially use CEP, but I don't believe you can position a CEP window by the mouse, even if you get

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP panels must have the window border, so that leaves you with Script UI or the C++ SDK. FX Console's popup window is a C++ SDK last I checked, and their dockable panel is a script UI panel. I'd first try and see if you can accomplish what you need with a Script UI panel as it's much faster to develop, if you can't, then resort to the C++ SDK.

If you don't care about the border, then you could potentially use CEP, but I don't believe you can position a CEP window by the mouse, even if you get that data from the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Justin
that sums up almost all i was searching for 
it's frustrating that CEP is panel is very limited 
i'll try mychances with C++ SDK mybe the panelator example will help 
thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, the CEP limitations are unfortunate. Best of luck in the SDK World!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines