• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making logo animation by trimpath

Explorer ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I want to add a border to the path on which i will add trim path for making animation 

So how do I add border along with the path that moves along with path by trim path animation 

2. I want to make some parts of the path thicker and some normal 

As by adjusting the stroke width the whole path width increases 

But that width increase only at some wanted areas. 

Please anyone help how do I add these two things to the path i am working on

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE does not have variable strokes liek AI. You need to come up with a different way of  creating your strokes, possibly using trapcode 3D Stroke for instance. The rest we can't really know without seeing a screenshot/ reference frame of your logo.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use a track matte or Set Matte on a wider enough animated shape layer path to give you the various widths. You could reverse the process by drawing a path over the filled shape in an Illustrator file and use the Animated Path as a track matte for the layer. Those workflows are easiest if you set up a layered Illustrator file with the shape you want to reveal on one layer and a simple single-path on another layer that traces over the center of the shape you want to reveal. Do not add a brush, just a simple path. Import as a composition, convert only the Path layer to a Shape layer, add Trim Paths, and set up the matte. I use that workflow all the time.  Laying it all out properly in Illustrator is almost always faster than trying to create the path in AE. It is one of the few times I convert vector layers to shape layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines