• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many errors opening files

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a file I have been getting strange errors.  First it tells me I am missing many plugins that I definitely have such as motion blur, drop shadow and alpha brightness and contrast. They are in the list of effects. Secondly it says "After Effects error: The file format modeule could not parse the file" and third and most cryptic "After Effects warning: Error with file:"

How do you get AE to recognize the effects? 

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.18.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.18.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.18.34 AM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have all these plugins already installed in your system? also did you originally work on this file and now it's not opened or did you get it from someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the file in After Effects last year with the most current verison at the time. All the plugins were installed then and the same ones are installed now. AE treats them like they aren't the same plugins but they are.  It has never been opened by anyone or on another machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double-check if you have 2 versions of AE installed in our system,  so you may open the file on the version where you don't have the plugin installed and if not try to upgrade or reinstall AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info on where you got the file from, in which version it was initially created and other details nobody can tell you much. Quite possible that it's simply from too old a version pre CS6 that no lon ger is supported in current versions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines