• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask Issue - Random Shapes

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use a Shape Layer as a mask, but for some reason it is cutting random pieces out of the layer it is masking. The red shape is the mask, but why is there a random chunk out of the middle of my E? How do I fix this? There is no other shape layer or mask.

AE-Problems.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the internal shapoe clearly is a downscaled and squeezed version of the big shape, so it must come from somewhere. Without any info on how it looks in the timeline with properties revealed nobody can tell you much, though. This could be anything from messed up shape layer groups to using an effect liek Set Matte redundantly or incorrectly. Impossible to know.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure exactly what to show for troubleshooting because I'm new to After Effects, but here is some more detail. I am using Set Matte and Shape Layer 1 is the only shape layer in the composition at the moment.

AE-Problems-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your shape layer might have a thick stroke instead of a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stroke is set to 0px.

AE-Problems-3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Precompose your shape layer and use the 'move all attributes' option. Then select that precomp in the set matte effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines