Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask problem in after effects

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 22.40.57.png

Hi there, I am not able to play with my mask on adobe after effect after updating the program. I am thinking of uninstalling, but I'm concern something might mess up again. Can you or someone assists me on how I can fix this? thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Masks need to be applied to layers.  You have no layers.  You don't even have a composition.  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the quick reply..The program won't let me apply any even if I have a composition. I get the error msg that's posted on the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, no problem.  i'd say first try purging your cache by menu Edit>Purge>all cache and mem...

I assume you've closed and restarted AE but have you rebooted your system?

Also you can delete your preferences file by holding ctrl-opt-shift while AE is starting up.

You could delete the preference manually too but I dont know where there are on a mac.

Those are the standard things to try first when something weird is happening.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines