Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maya live link not showing up since 2020

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I just installed AE 2020 and all my plug-ins. Unfortunately the Maya live link extension is not showing up in AE.

Does anyone has the same issue? And does somebody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Regards

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack - having the same problem. I have AFX 2019 and 2020 open at same time. Maya Live Link works for 2019 but not 2020. Unfortunately i have no idea how to fix. I’m just using Live Link for the first time now and it seems really useful. Fingers crossed 🤞 Hopefully someone knows a fix or Adobe can fix in next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I fixed the problem. You need to install the Adobe Extension Manager.

https://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/

You have to install Maya Live Link using this tool. Then it works perfectly fine.

Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I'm also having this problem installing Maya Live Link for AE 2020. I was hopeful the Adobe Extension Manager would fix this issue for me too, but it won't install... Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 5.20.26 PM.png

Mac OS X 10.14.6

AE CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Don't know what is the problem on you machine. I tried my solution on a second computer and it also worked fine.

Good luck. If you have a solution already let me know. Would interest me.

Regards,

Sascha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and testing. The "Installer failed to initilaize" error is from the Adobe Extension Manager Install on the site you linked above, so I can't install the Adobe Extension Manager on Mac.

The main issue has been resolved. For some reason after downloading the Autodesk Maya Live Link Extension v1.0.1 again I was able to install it via ZXP Installer. All is working now.

Thanks for your time,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links to Area are no longer working and Maya Live Link is in the Creative Cloud Desktop app, in Marketplace tab. How do we deploy this? Just copying seems to put it in the AE toolbar, but it dows ot open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out. It sucks that I was able to use this, until I updated to AE 2021 and now nothing. It shows as installed on the machine but not available as an extension inside AE. When I'm in the cloud desktop it just says Not compatible. ZXP installer doesnt work, Extension Manager doesnt work. How do we fix this? I dont want to have 2 versions of AE on my machine just so I can use this.

phgrafix_0-1632063629857.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this for PC:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maya/comments/n5aut7/comment/hr59wpi/

tell me if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get this loaded into AE however it did not work. I had been trying to find a solution and Im happy to say I found one. Anyone looking to get this LiveLink working with (I HAVE THIS WORKING AND CONFIRMED) with Maya 2023 and AE 2022 Screen shots attached. Click the link below and look for @misha123 there is a client.py file on the post. Download and overwrite the file in this folder

Maya2022/plug-ins/MASH/scripts/MayaToAE/client.py

I have been using this with no issue, and it also fixed earlier versions of Maya LiveLink and AE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines