• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing quicktime codecs in After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ive recently updated my After Effects and since then I now do not have most of my quicktime codecs, I followed the suggestion on the problem on adobe solutions page: Some QuickTime codecs missing in After Effects

but with no luck. Pls help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Adobe has dropped support for Quicktime 7 in After Effects 15.1 so a lot of legacy codecs will not be available anymore.

The link you are referencing is very old and not applicable to newer versions of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could address this by licensing or buy the code created by a 3rd party. Adobe has the financial resources to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating as I use HAP extensivley for realtime content creation and now it is impossible to do anything with the content in post.

Other codecs are great but do not meet needs of many modern professional content creators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi qdqwe1e2,

A 64 bit version of the HAP codec might be a possibility in the future. Kindly upvote this bug report so that devs can get a better handle on the issue: Support the HAP codec – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to voice my displeasure at this move. The price keeps going up (in Australia, I see a price rise roughly twice a year due to "fluctuations in exchange rates", but those same fluctuations never reduce the price) but important features keep being removed. Well done, you really know how to mess with your clientele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slagathor  wroteWell done, you really know how to mess with your clientele

This is a directive from our partners at Apple in that QuickTime 32 bit codecs will no longer be supported. Our developers are merely reacting to that directive. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is paying your bills, Apple or your customers???

I guess history repeat itself, Premier 5, Final Cut X, Quark Express, Polaroid, Atari ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't believe that AE is sporting crap codecs like DV PAL/NTSC but not H.264 and QT 7. This has been the biggest downgrade yet. What a waits of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G M D THREE,

I still can't believe that AE is sporting crap codecs like DV PAL/NTSC...

A good number of codecs were rewritten in 64 bit format, but not absolutely everything. This work has been going on for years. QuickTime H.264 has been a poor quality codec for quite some time. Merely use AME to get your H.264 files. Sorry for the frustration;

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My videos all had an alpha channel that I needed to keep, so I used Quicktime to transcode every video using no compression. That's the only workaround I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capitalsm at work.  Thanks, Ayn Rand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't blame Adobe 100% for this one. Most of the problems came straight from Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines