Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mocha AE 2019 can‘t apply tracking data to another layer

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I am desperate! I have a fairly simple scene: Cam travels at conference table, black monitor in the back and I want to apply content on it.

I track it, all fine. I leave mocha and select the content layer as destination and select corner pin as export data. Then I select Layer 1 for creating trackdata. It creates trackdata. Fine. Then I choose my previously selected Contentlayer for „apply export“.

Mocha now creates a corner pin effect WITHOUT transferring ANY track data!! Yes, I used the old Mocha often, yes, I consider myself an experienced AE user (started with AE1.0)

Am I getting old, did I miss something? PLEASE HELP. I need this project to be finished!

THX

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, using english version - all fine until "create track data", all same resolution, but when I click "export and apply" it creates the corner pin effect in target layer but doesn't apply all the keyframes. I did it just few days ago and went all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been tracking a lot of shots with mocha for this project and just started having this issue on one shot in particular. Checked everything - Footage and source have no time stretching/retiming and both match resolution of the comp and frame rate. Yet after generating track data, and seeing all the keyframes on the footage layer appear, transfering that data to even a newly created solid layer would only transfer a single column of position data keyframes. 

I restarted After Effects, deleted the keyframe data from the footage/mocha layer. Then clicked "generate tracking data" again, then tried transfering that data to a test solid layer which was a sucess. Then tried it on my footage insert layer and it worked. Not sure if restarting AE or deleting/regenerating the tracking data did the trick but that worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well one day later I'm back to report the very next shot is giving me the same trouble and my previous work around isn't working. Once again at a complete hault because After Effects can't perform one of it's core functions without a big time wasting investigation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines