• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Tracker in After Effects isn't aligning to frames

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been running into issues motion tracking with the perspective pin in After Effects 2020. The Key frames are off and aren't aligning to the frames. The composition and the footage are set to the same frame rate, in this case 23.976 as that is what the b-roll was filmed at natively. I've used it before in CC2018 and only ran into this problem if the composition and footage had different frame rates. 

As a result, my composited screen is jumping all over the place since the keyframes are offset. Is this a known bug or am I missing something? (Hoping I'm missing something...)

Tracker problem.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the track is solid then this is probably user error. There is no reported bug.

Corner Pin tracking requires your replacement layer to be the same size as the comp frame so you'll need to scale it to fit the comp using the Transform menu's Fit to Comp option and then pre-compose moving all attributes. You will also have to return to the first frame of the tracked layer before you apply Corner Pin to the replacement screen.

Personally, I would have used Mocha AE for this kind of tracking project. It's a lot better tracker for this kind of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere and After Effects have hundreds of bugs that are "not reported"... I've been on the line with customer service countless times with bugs and they never report them even if I ask them to.

I'm having the same problem. Composition and footage are 24fps and the tracker is misaligned with frames. It has nothing to do with scaling, just framerate.

But the new 2022 versions of programs are crashing more than ever with a whole lot of new bugs and broken code, so it might be just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, unaligned keyframes are making the tracker completely useless in AE2022. If I have the tracker just track one frame even, it puts the tracker keyframes between the two frames. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My comp and footage are 25fps.  *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thank god, I thought I was going crazy. I am having the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, tracked frames are sub-frame (inbetween the frames) in a 15fps comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess this is when we all just start using Mocha instead. #$&*ing Adobe. This is just one of so many issues. I'm so over it. Has anyone used Fairlight? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines