• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiprocessing after effects 2015

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the multiprocessing option in after effects 2015?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super, I did some testing today and here are some results.

I made the file in Dutch and English mixed, so here are some trasnaltions for you:

File download: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Adobe AE versie = Adobe AE Version

Render tijd = Render time

CPU gebruik = CPU usage

GPU gebruik = GPU usage

Bestandsgrootte = File size

Bestandstype = Extension

Opmerkingen = Remark

Remarks:

#1 Huge file

#2 -

#3 -

#4 Does not have an H.265 CODEC

#1 -

#2 F disk jumps to 100% sometimes - SSD Cache disk

#3 F disk always 100% - SSD Cache disk

#4 Fast render, small file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. What sort of things are in your test composition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hawkeye123xzy wrote:

who else would launch a new product with soooo many bugs!!!!!!

The folks who make Modo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ขอบคุณครับผม

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

我也是,最近刚换了新电脑,CPU xeon e5 2678v3 12core 24thread 2.5-3.1ghz,64g ram,装了CC2015,输出速度竟然和我的笔记本一样,太慢了,so slow。。。。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about using this to do the multi threaded rendering?

BG Renderer Pro - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the aerender CLI program to do all my rendering (faster, and I can do it in the background). It doesn't use multiprocessor rendering any more, and since this script is just using it in the background it's not going to be able to either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually tried out BG Render Pro using this technique: After Effects | BG Renderer Pro up to 5x faster rendering! - YouTube
I was sceptical at first, but it does actually work! I built a dual Xeon machine for myself a couple months ago and wanted to try and get AE to use more of the power. As others have said, normally it would max out at about 30% CPU usage.

But with BG Render Pro and the technique from the video, you can get it to go to 100%! Just start up more render threads until it starts to max out. It does require a bit more work, since you need to manually fire off different renders and use an image sequence as a format.

Another way which I found also worked a for a long (11 minute) animation I had to render was to simply split the render into 4 or 5 parts and then render 4 or 5 Quicktimes at the same time, using BG Render Pro, then joining them together again in Premiere. I think I cut my render time from 5-6 hours to less than 2!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw this also seems to work more reliably than the old built-in multi-cpu rendering feature ever did for me (which was basically never).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

found this Adobe representative response in CreativeCOW from David McGavran, Director of engineering in regard to mult-processing not here for CC2017. I think this information is useful:

We are overly concerned with our customers. After Effects really didn't add much for sparkly this time. We didn't add back MP because that was a non ideal way to speed up After Effects in the long term. We have spent the last years making After Effects truly multi threaded and are now taking advantage of the GPU. It isn't yet as fast as comps that worked well with MP but it will overtake overall performance soon. Majority of the time in the last 2 - 3 years was based on re-architecture/performance and stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines