• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My After Effects preview is all black.

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to repair this? Because every time I try to preview my footage the video shown is completely black. Is there an option to tick or something? This problem started after doing some 3D edits.

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

I've been experiencing this problem for over a month now. One day my video preview just disappeared. Audio played during ram preview but the video was all black. However, today I finally realized the dumb reason why I wasn't seeing any video! I hope this solves your problem as well...

In the preview panel it says "include" and there are a few icons: a speaker icon, an eye, etc. The eye icon wasn't selected! That's why nothing was showing up. I must have accidentally un-clicked it. Make sure it's

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried all of the solutions but nothing has worked, I don't know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my solution: upgrade GeForce Experience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samulib77334842, Community Members!

If someone in 2023 still faces the black screen issue, i hope this tutorial might help on a windows 10 system.
Thank you & keep smiling...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add. what did work for me was to save the illustrator file as a pdf compatible version and it came back

see here for details  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a separate solution. In my case i inadvertly clicked on « Comp Button: Brings forward the comp related to this window. », which opened a new « Composition » Tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_142.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem watched a YouTube video about mp4 videos appearing as black. Go to top of screen click file then at bottom click project settings. It will be on rendering and effects showing Mercury GPU Acceleration change to Mercury software only press OK. Then u have to close the after effects program completely reopen it and videos will display and play as normal. Phew! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines