• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My top layer is showing above my bottom layer

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My top layer is showing above my bottom layer and I can't seem to get it below it. I don't know what to do. All my layers are in 3D so I hope that information helps.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

If you want to break the 3D arrangement of the layers, add an Adjustment Layer (keep it 2D) inbetween.  After Effects will treat the layers as if they are in separate 3D spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D layers are shown based on their actual depth stacking, not the layer order in the timeline. You may need to adjust the Z value. Anything else will require a proper screenshot and possibly other info. No point talking about invisible elephants.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to break the 3D arrangement of the layers, add an Adjustment Layer (keep it 2D) inbetween.  After Effects will treat the layers as if they are in separate 3D spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general layers that are above (have the lower layer number) are rendered as in front of the layers below them. That is how pretty much all layers work in Adobe applications. 

While the correct answer works it is at best a work around. You shouldn't have to add a new layer to get 3D Layer stacking to work for you.

Mylenium is correct when dealing with only 3D layers the layer stacking order (order of layers in the timeline) is mostly irrelavent and it is the z-position (3rd number when you look at position) that matters.

So a layer with a z-position of -100 will always be in front of a layer with a z-position of 0. 

The ony time the layer order matters are if two layers have the same z-position. Say two layers both have a z-position of 200 whichever layer is on top will be in front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines