• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help extending clips that are slowed down.

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm making a Call Of Duty edit, but I'm having an issue.  I have applied Twixtor Pro to sync the clips, I slowed down the clips to 30% speed, but the issue I'm having is that the actual clips stops before the footage does, (example picture below).  Please help me fix this because this edit is going very well and I really do not want to scrap it.  Thank you!

adobe support.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

I never apply Twixtor to a movie, I add it to a solid and select the movie layer as the source. That way you can slide the in and out point of the twitter layer around as much as you like and not have the problems you are having. Twixtor requires training. It's far to complex of a 3rd party effect to just jump in and start wiggling the knobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look into Twixtor's help documentation for how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to pre-compose the clips to a longer comp and apply the effect to this pre-comped layer. As Szalam said, it might be useful to actualyl read the help for Twixtor. Effects cannot extend layers, only AE's native time-remapping can.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never apply Twixtor to a movie, I add it to a solid and select the movie layer as the source. That way you can slide the in and out point of the twitter layer around as much as you like and not have the problems you are having. Twixtor requires training. It's far to complex of a 3rd party effect to just jump in and start wiggling the knobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Twixtor requires training. It's far to complex of a 3rd party effect to just jump in and start wiggling the knobs." There are some people in this world...

For anyone wanting a straight forward answer:

Just duplicate the video you want to slow down as many times as your speed (50% = duplicate 2 times, 30% = about 3 times) and nest the resulting videos into ONE sequence. Apply twixtor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines