• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW After Effects Support Community - Welcome!!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello & Welcome to the NEW After Effects Support Community!

My name is Colin and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Kevin, Caroline, Rameez, Sumeet and Shivangi. We are super stoked to have you join us in this new support community. 

This community will be a one-stop-shop for all your After Effects questions, answers, educational content, concerns, and even the coveted viritual Hi5!

If you have any questions or comments about this new After Effects community, please feel free to post here... We are listening!

Cheers,

Colin

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kyle! Try clearing your cache and re-logging in. You can also try incognito mode. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll escalate to our engineering team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The native browser auto check spelling is missing, each time need to click on check spelling button to to see the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for flagging. Does this happen when you are creating a new post/topic? Or when you're replying? Also, what browser are you on? Spell check seems to be working on the latest version of Chrome. Let me know and thanks for the feedback!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i reply, i use safari on mac os X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to be here

Looking forward to assisting as much as possible

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks Mo! ^KM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there a way to search within a topic? everything was cool about having the SDK forums separate from the other stuff, but I guess you had your reasons to move on with this merge. Problem is the search is somewhat useless, if I want to search for SDK posts only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gabgren! Take a look to the right 'Topics' when you're on the main Ae community page. From there you can select a topic and then search that specifically. There are still a few kinks we are working out for 'Search' and 'Topics' so let me know if you have any feedback on that experience. Thanks!! ^CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, they managed to make the support forums even more useless! That's quite an achievement.

If you want actual answers and searchable questions, I'd recommend the Video Production stackexchange site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something more for fine tuning:

The insert/edit code sample should have JavaScript as default, because this is what we will post in AE forum most of the time.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

another strange bug here:

My answers disappear. I wrote to this post just an hour ago and I did answer to this question befor Rick (https://community.adobe.com/t5/After-Effects/Fps-problem-during-a-camera-motion/td-p/10605899) and now both replies are just gone.

What's going on?

My suggestion on this post was, that the Insert/Edit Code option should have JavaScript as default, because that's what we are going to post here.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Martin! Yeah, we were running into a few issues for users posting and having the replies or posts go into a moderation queue or the SPAM folders (which shouldn't happen). We turned off moderation but we are still working out some bugs. Thanks for sharing and I'll be sure to pass this along to the team while they continue to improve this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. This new interface feels a little colorful for starters lol. As Rick pointed out it feels a tad "sticky" and lots of options seem to be missing. I particularly miss the "Mark as helpful" option. Where is The Lounge gone?

It is far more responsibe and loads quicker than Jive but for now thats the only positive I have.

I truly hope our comments will be used to imptove this platform to a level that allows us to comfortably assist others and nt deter us from this

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is the overview of already known bugs, things we are missing and ideas for improvements:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/After-Effects/Improvements-for-the-new-forum/td-p/10607824

Feel free to add yours!

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get notifications for replies to threads that I'm following, but when I click on the link in the notification the reply is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

How can we link to the "Scripting" tag directly? We get lots of inquiries for this on our site so we forward users to these forums but we need to link them directly to the Scripting tag, linking them to the main forums will only add to the confusion and having to explain that they need to find and click on the 'Scripting' tag seems like a step backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of works, although gives different threads than when clicking on the scripting tag on the main support page:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/after-effects/label-name/scriptin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I change my display name in my Adobe account it doesn't seem to propogate through to the support community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I add a code snippet, and then edit the comment, an extra line gets added to the top and bottom of the snippet.

let foo = bar

these lines started out all together, then I edited the comment a couple of times, and space is expanding…

Also: where has in-line syntax highlighting gone? I used to be able to syntax highlight code snippets in-line, but now they have to be in a box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing. The endless scroll gets very old very quickly if you're editing a reply to a long thread. You post, and the thread winds back to show you only the first few comments, so you have to scroll, wait… scroll, wait… I'm on a very fast network connection on my super-gofast workstation, and it's still tedious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Wow! You have a tricky job on your hands! Respect to you and all the others who are dealing with this huge, complex project.

I agree that Jive had to go - this is definitely quicker and prettier than Jive.  However it does feel like a step too much towards mimicking a social media platform, rather than being a useful, logical and productive user forum.

The first thing we are taught, as designers is "Form follows Function". Some of the best user forums are also the ugliest! But it doesn't really matter. All we need is a great way to engage with users and a logical way to sort and manage posts.

Personally, I miss my inbox view where I can see only the messages that are directly related to my input. I'd always go here first - to answer any direct questions. Then I'd look at my chosen forums to see if there were any new questions I could answer.

I've always thought it would be good to have a view that allowed me to filter based on the products I ticked. So, for example, I see a list of topics, chronologically (newset at top should be default). On the Left column could be a filter section where we click on the subjects or applications we want to include in this list. So if I click on After Effects, Animate and Illustrator - I see a list of topics that's a mixture of all of the selected subjects. This woud be amazing as it means I don't have to keep going back and forth between different forums.

You could also filter based on answered, unanswered, number of answers etc.

Personally, I don't like using email for the forums, I prefer to use a web interface. My email inbox is already unmanagable so things kind of get lost or ignored there. I like to feel like I'm visiting somehwere different when I come to the forums 🙂

Anyway, just a few thoughts. I hope some are useful. I'll contunue to muddle throgh and will keep you posted.

All the best!

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the kind words, Angie! It's taken a large team across multiple departments to get this going so I'll be sure to pass along your kind words. A few of the improvements you mentioned are totally valid and some of them are currently being developed so we can add them in the near future. Filtering, sorting and the email notifications are among a few of the top topics we are looking to address. Please continue to provide feedback on the new community and I'll be sure to pass it along. Thanks for your continued support! ^CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting response notifications, but following the link doesn't show me the response. The reason is the way that replies are nested into the post they're replying to. This is a really bad idea, because to find the response I have to open the "read all replies" link on every post.

Firstly you need to link to the actual reply-to-the-reply in the email, so that it expands the parents and scrolls to the right post.

But more importantly you need to show that there are replies to a post, and provide some sort of summary of the content, e.g. the first line, so that users know there is more information that they can drill down into. The current design is hiding too much information, it makes following a conversation almost impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines