• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW After Effects Support Community - Welcome!!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello & Welcome to the NEW After Effects Support Community!

My name is Colin and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Kevin, Caroline, Rameez, Sumeet and Shivangi. We are super stoked to have you join us in this new support community. 

This community will be a one-stop-shop for all your After Effects questions, answers, educational content, concerns, and even the coveted viritual Hi5!

If you have any questions or comments about this new After Effects community, please feel free to post here... We are listening!

Cheers,

Colin

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really not helpful to hide the replies in such a manner. There is no need for this design. The replies should just be posted beneath each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it totally detracts from the usefulness of the site. If you're going to reinvent how forums work, then make it more useful, not less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experimenting with a tamper monkey script to automatically click all the view all replies links. This is what I'm up to:

var viewAllLinks = document.getElementsByClassName("viewAll__text spectrum-Body3");
for (i in viewAllLink){
 viewAllLinks.click();
}

Someone who's better at this stuff, please feel free to chip in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Colin.

I posted a question yesterday and for some reason it's been flagged as spam. Why would that have happened and how can we fix it?

Thanks.

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Oliver!

I checked the spam queue and un-marked it so you should be good to go. We are still working through some moderation kinks and a few spam issues but you should be good to go now. Let me know if you have any other feedback or issues and we can get them sorted out!

Thanks,

CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us an easy way to get to the last reply. Some of the threads that I am following, like this one, take a bunch of clicking and a bunch of scrolling to get to the latest replies to the topic. It's a huge time waster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't receive any email notification anymore from the forum and i check the settings and everything look fine, any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to filter email notifications by language would be useful. I'm not going to be any help to someone asking questions in Japanese, so there's no point in me seeing them in my email digest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, will pass it along. You can always use the 'Translate' tool on the post to use automated translation. Although it's not 100% accurate, it does help give context to their issue so you can try to help. You can reply in your native language and then the user can also translate. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I use google a lot to find solutions to problems when working in Adobe. It usually lead me to a thread in Adobe Support Community, but now it lead me to the startpage. I can't find the specific thread from google???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mathias!

That's very odd... I just did a few searches of my own from Google and it seems to land me on the specific thread when clicking directly from google. What was the search you tried where you experienced this behavior? One suggestion in the meantime would be to clear your cache/cookies from Google and also update to the latest version (if you haven't already). But let me know what searches you were doing that landed you on the start page and I'll be sure to investigate.

Thanks!

CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colin! Nice to know that! Do you know why Adobe removed certifications for Adobe After Effects (ACE and ACP)? Any news when does it comes back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody knows about that? How can I get a ACE or ACP certificate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait for Adobe to activate the program again. In the meantime, do some serious homework so you know about Principals of Animation, Compositing, Keying, Generating mattes, and about 10,000 other things it takes to become a true expert in After Effects. An ACE certification may get you one job. It's just like an Emmy. Not to brag but I have nine of them. I don't know of a single job I ever got because I got an award. If you ever bring it up they still want to see your reel. Your best recommendation is your amazing work on your last job that came in on time and under budget. That is how you stay busy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. I'm already waiting mor than one year, and there's no one from Adobe saying anything about it. I already work as a Motion Designer, so... thanks for the tip, my homework is a daily topic in my life 😉 Hope you understand that we live in different countries, so different realities. Means a lot have an ACE or ACP in Brazil nowadays. That's why I'm so ansious, and so confused, cause no one from Adobe can tell anything about it. As I said: it has already more than ONE year. I think that's too much waiting. Thanks a lot for share your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ACE program has been deactivated for years and likely won't be reactivated again. ACP or Adobe Community Professional is not a certification but a branch of the Community that helps users with their issues and questions. These users are hand selected for a variety of reasons with a main focus of their activity and helpfulness in the community. If you want to chat further about the criteria for ACP, please feel free to reach out to me in DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Colin!

How can I access archived discussion threads? Google search results show me a thread that could provide the answer I've been looking for, but I can't find it in the new platform, even when I search on keywords that are visible in the Google snippet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Oliver! What is the title of the thread you're trying to access? The link you added redirects me to the home page of the community. If you can send me the search terms or the title of the archived thread, I can take a look. We had certain criteria for archiving threads based on a wide variety of factors, including our company wide support policy. Let me know and I'll see what I can do. ^CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see. You are able to answer people that just make a question. And I'm waiting for my issue and... no one from Adobe could help. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pratoepixel. We receive hundreds of inquires a day here so hard to get to every single one. We prioritize major issues or questions from our users first since they are mostly in a time crunch and then try to answer as many other questions as we can. Please see my response to your question above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Colin. Justin Taylor was kind enough to provide the correct solution to my conundrum regarding the duplication of footageitems. But since I have you, there is something else that is right up your alley: regarding this discussion forum, it seems that a reply to a discussion post (this one, for example) results in the changing of the title of the discussion topic. That seems odd. Can I assume this is a known issue that is going to be changed? Let's see what happens to this reply when I hit "reply".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, Colin.

To be more specific about the issue with changing conversation topics, perhaps you can see what I'm talking about in the image below. As you can see in this view, the thread in which I have participated has taken the opening text of the reply as its title, rather than the conversation title. That seems really weird to me. In fact it's usually downright confusing because normally the most recent reply is from someone other than me, and there may be no clues as to which conversation the post relates to.

Know what I mean?

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 4.25.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines