Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Forums -- yay, I think?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sure looks purdy!

So will there be stickies? Folders for specialty topics (like Expressions, Scripting, etc)? And is there any way to see an archive of the "old" forum messages?

EDIT: Ah, I see the subfolders over to the right! Sneaky!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as I had created a filter in Gmail, the "From:" address changed so that every message comes from "userforu@adobe.com"

Andrew, do you know who to report these things to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are known, so there's nothing to report, but to quote "We will not do extensive modifications and customization to avoid update problems in the future." So, in essence, these features will only be changed/ fixed, if the whole forum engine is updated by Jive Software, not specifically by the Adobe admins that run the show. I'm afraid we'll have to live with the small annoyances for the time being and just get used to the new way of doing things...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonas Hummelstrand wrote:

Just as I had created a filter in Gmail, the "From:" address changed so that every message comes from "userforu@adobe.com"

Andrew, do you know who to report these things to?

Comments and gripes about the Forums are discussed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

There's a thread in there already discussing the issue with subscription emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I'm using the RSS feed for this forum, and that is working much better for me than email. I also like the fact that the new forum software sorts modified and new threads to the top, so I can use the web interface to just read the updated threads more easily than I could do the same with the old forum.

I'm creating a blog post today about the new forum, including all of the tips that I can think of to make the new experience better for us. I'll post a link here (or you can just subscribe to my blog).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of like the new look, but I'd like a better way to see what threads I've looked at. It's a little hard to remember what the colors mean. I much prefered the clearly visible new indication on the old forum. Even generic Google Groups have a much easier way to determine which threads are new and to get you to the most recent post.

I'd also like it much more if there was at least an option to skip portions of threads that I've all ready read. I really liked the old way of having only a few of the most recent posts visible with an option to see them all. One of the threads that I checked on this morning was extremely long.

I'll have to experiment with linking files and writing code in this new box.

One other minor annoyance, it looks like my history didn't get passed to the new database. According to my profile I'm a newbie with, as of this post, one post to the forum.

(edit) now it looks like I've done 26 posts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As promised, I just put together a blog post about the new After Effects user-to-user forum, which attempts to make the transition to the new system easier for us all.

Thanks especially to Mylenium and Andrew Yoole for some of the information that I point to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines