• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New m1 Max Mac Studio - really poor performance.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man. Really disappointed with the playback AND render speed.

Curious if anyone else is having performance issues with a mac studio?

And more importantly, anyone got any work arounds or ideas?

New to these forums sorry.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common bug that hopefully Adobe will fix soon. Happens with most Macs when they should be powerful enough to run AE. https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/m1-mac-extremely-slow-solved-but-now-over-1...

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try today's update to AE. Several Mac and M1-related fixes in it: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-22-5-is-now-live/td-p/1301977...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a maxed out M1 MacBook Pro and sometimes AFX runs super fast - one complicated scene only took 7 minutes to render. After working on some changes to it (just minor tweaks to timing etc), I tried to re-render and now it's taking 1.5 hours. What is going on? I purged the memory. Do I really need to quit and restart AFX everytime I want to render? This is intolerable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trying to export a, pretty beefy, After Effects project at work.  Mac M1, 13 hour render for a :30 spot!  My Windows machine at the house...less than 3 hours on the same render and it's 2 years older than my M1 here at work.  Tried the same render on an older Mac Cheese Grader Tower...brutally slow!  Very frustrating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines