• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No "Size, Position, and Roundness" properties when creating a rectangle using the Rectangle Tool.

Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this tutorial (https://youtu.be/fi4IPysaTHo?t=26), after creating a rectangle using the Rectangle Tool (Q), there should be an object named "Rectangle 1" that contains "Rectangle Path 1" with properties such as Size, Position, and Roundness:

Easy Text Box - Q&A _ sourceRectAtTime Expression-0001.png

But when I try to do the same, I don't see those elements. Instead, the "Rectangle 1" object only contains "Path 1" with a property called "Path":

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 18.44.19.png

Is it a bug, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? I would appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Holding down the Alt/Option key while using the Parametric Shape tool (Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Ellipse, etc.) creates a path instead of a parametric shape with all its parameters. Shape layers have worked that way since they were introduced.

You can also convert any parametric shape to a path by Shape Layer/Contentnts/Shape/Shape Path property in the timeline and using the Layer/Mask and Shape Path/Convert To Bezier Path menu or right-click on the Shape Path Property and create the conve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Rounded Rectangle Tool

screenshot.png

or using a simple Rectangle Tool, you can add Round Corners.

screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Rounded Rectangle Tool

There are no Size, Position, or Roundness properties even when using the Rounded Rectangle Tool. Only the Path property is available:

seoifjoidsjf.gif

quoteor using a simple Rectangle Tool, you can add Round Corners.

By @Airweb_AE

I need to work with the Size and Position properties, not Roundness:

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 19.23.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

If I draw a rectangle (Q) while holding down the ALT key, I don't have Size, Position and Roundness.

But if I draw a rectangle (Q) without holding the ALT key, it's normal, I have Size, Position and Roundness.

Maybe try to double click on the rectangle button, it should add a rectangle with Size, Position and Roundness properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holding down the Alt/Option key while using the Parametric Shape tool (Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Ellipse, etc.) creates a path instead of a parametric shape with all its parameters. Shape layers have worked that way since they were introduced.

You can also convert any parametric shape to a path by Shape Layer/Contentnts/Shape/Shape Path property in the timeline and using the Layer/Mask and Shape Path/Convert To Bezier Path menu or right-click on the Shape Path Property and create the conversion from the popup menu.

There is no way to convert a vector path to a Parametric shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines