Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound on mp4 recording imported from Microsoft Teams

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys - your help and expertise would be greatly appeciated

I regularly edit and put together videos using MP4 assests recorded on Microsoft Teams. A new problem has arisen where there is sound on the original recording, but no sound when the MP4 is imported into AE. 

I've tried all the obvious fixes - audio hardware settings in preferences, making sure audio is checked in preview, but nothing. I've even tried exporting sound only using media encoder in importing that along with the MP4

Grateful for solutions

Anne

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file in Audition and see if it can access the audio streams, then export a WAV or whatever. Just read about it the other day. There's apparently a bug in Teams where screen recordings produce disassoziated audio and it's not tagged correctly in the output file and apps treat it as attachmentrs rather than an actual stream.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium

I've just tried that, and although it worked after a fashion, the audio wav came in horribly distorted. So dissappointing as it played beautifully in Audtion. 

Is the Microsoft bug a new thing, because it was all working perfectly fine for me a couple of weeks ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blast off! Although the wav bummed out,  aif worked perfectly. Trial and error saving out to the different audio files. Thanks so much for this work around in Audition. Now I can get my work back on track.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a new bug in the latest Teams update. A fix no doubt should come one of these days.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope the fix comes soon as its added another strand to my workflow

have a good weekened, and once again, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Premiere Pro. I fiddled with a Teams recording the other day and that worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines