• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No video after render, only black screen and audio

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still pretty new to AE but not my first time rendering videos. For some reason after rendering my video it shows a black screen and only plays the audio. The format is in Quicktime and format is H.264. Every time its still the same outcome. Can anyone help find a resolution?

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Don't use Quicktime H.264. Simply render native H.264 through Media Encoder.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dashawnc,

Welcome to the After Effects community!

Can you show us a screenshot of your Export Settings window?

Do you get a black screen if you import the exported file back into After Effects?

If you render a different format, do you get the same result?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks,

I dont get a black screen when i put the imported file back into AE but it only shows the first frame as the whole video.

I can render in different format like AVI but this isnt the format im looking to have.

Settings.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG imso sorry for my total lack of knowledge here, im also having the same problem with a black screen after rendering. i produce my own music and want to make music visualizers to post on you tube.

i simply dont understand........

could you please explain what this means and how i do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and tried render native H.264 through Media Encoder. However, I got my audio back but still black screen. What else I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I get a black screen too and only audio with my after effects file. This is after I've rendered in H.264 in Media Encoder. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do.

Screen shot below within ME.

Elisa

2018-05-02 (3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this same problem, i have my edit, and when i render it comes out black and half the length. please help im struggling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have a different issue than mine, but i had a similar issue.
What caused it for me was the incorrect usage of Motion Tile effect, if you have used motion tile then its better to keep output width and height at a max of 200, at least thats what fixed it for me.

I found this on reddit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem when the render path was an external drive or another drive than the C drive. It will work if you keep the default C path (which appears) in the encoder. I don't know why after effects has an issue with rendering on an external network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines