• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not rendering properly via Adobe Media Encoder

Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project, which includes some comps using Element3D.

Inside AE CC 2018, everything looks correct when I scrub through the timeline.

When I render things through Adobe Media Encoder, however, different elements from different comps or layers show up or disappear when they shouldn't.

Had trtied this as png seq with alpha, mp4, uncompressed avi, and had sent to Adobe Media Encoder via After Effects and Premiere pro - but kept running into these bizarre renders where individual frames would be screwed up.

After much wasted time, I finally rendered from After Effects own render queue and that completely fixed the problem.

Just posting in case others have had this experience either where AME is the culprit.

This is part of a much larger project that I've been working on, and this part had rendered without any issues previously. Tried splitting off this comp to a separate After Effects project in case size/memory was an issue, but still ran into the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

There have been quite a number of similar reports of rendering issues when working with E3D and AME. The solution is to render from AE. Then bring the resultant file into AME for H264 output, if this is your preferred delivery format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been quite a number of similar reports of rendering issues when working with E3D and AME. The solution is to render from AE. Then bring the resultant file into AME for H264 output, if this is your preferred delivery format.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can verify this worked! I had a short composition and one layer (an image) was not exporting when I went to "Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue" and it would not display the layer in the export. However, I exported it as a .mp4 and then uploaded it into AME and exported it as a .gif and it worked perfectly! Not great, but at least it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating. I uninstalled ME2021 and went back to ME2020. This eliminated the glitches. I'm finding more and more software issues with new releases. Not what you'd expect from a premium brand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Element 3D requires a GPU that meets their system requirements. The Media Encoder does not fully utilize the GPU because it opens AE in the background and it's just not perfect yet. 

One thing that might help is opening the Media Encoder, closing After Effects, then adding your comp directly in the AME using the + button. Once the render has started you can open AE again and start working on another comp. I've found this works a little better on render intensive comps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to ME 2020. Fixed the issues for me. Not sure why I continually have to deal with bugs from updates I don't need or want. So frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this is one of those problems which has more than one solution. Mine is for someone who has tried everything mentioned here. Try changing the GPU renderer(placed at the bottom of the queue) from Cuda to OpenGL. Apparently they don't like Cuda as much as they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines