Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

one of the output modules could not be imported

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have full adobe licence + latest version of AE. Also I have word vomit, apologies in advance.

When I chose H264 from Output Module in render queue I am receiving this:

• after effects one of the output modules could not be imported. it has been reset to use the default settings for the selected file format

Having never had a problem before I turned to the most reliable source:

most reliable source

I discovered that in 2014 adobe removed h264 from their product

and more importantly this more recent entertaining debate about that issue (locked)

However I'm finding the pieces don't seem to add up the same way on my end... and I couldn't find as much information as I needed to move forward.

Which leads me to these questions...

1. If h264 was removed 4 years ago, why is it still in the output modules on my After Effects.
    • My version is up to date
    • is it because I am exporting to mp4 containers and not doing anything with QT?
  2. what is your current preferred export workflow?
    • I feel I am well behind on this because I thought we were all still using h264 and I didn't run in to any bugs so I never did my homework
    • after reading the heated debate, I found the final feeling of that thread was that h264 is a buggy codec, although everyone was annoyed Adobes foot was down and nothing was going to change. The results were, we must accept this and use AME.
    • so the solution for the OP was to export to AME and use h264 but if its buggy and there are better quality, smaller files to be had that clients can open that sounds great and I'm so ready to jump ship and join the band-wagon
    • Export settings reference for Adobe Media Encoder  from adobe website still used h264 in their screenshot.
    • most articles online seem to be really old some 8 years old, can't find anything recent.
    • So for example I just want to export a 1920x1080 comp from AE to say an mp4 container - what are some of the best/popular practices and codecs now?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your version is up to date, you no longer have QT H.264!  It has been dropped!

if you want to use it,  you must use version 18.0.1.  Look very carefully at the version numbers.

Be sure to thank Adobe for abandoning it without a replacement for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats part of my question part 1

My version is up to date yet still have h264 in list. Isnt that strange

Not QT though it exports mp4

On Thu, 28 Jun. 2018, 12:02 pm Dave LaRonde, <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines