• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OneDrive has hijacked my default presets path....

Advisor ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really scratching my head over this...

See the screenshot of the dialog below - Microsoft OneDrive has hijacked my default preset folder path - and whatever I do I can't get it back to the default - the path without \OneDrive\...

OneDriveHijack.jpg

I've disabled OneDrive, cleared Ae prefs, uninstalled / reinstalled Ae, used Creative Cloud cleaner... but no matter what I do, when I re-install AE it defaults back to creating the user preferences folders in the ...\OneDrive\... file path as shown above.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this helps but I have set an alias to dropbox in my Documents/Adobe folder that points to all of my custom animation presets. As long as the alias exists in the proper documents folder all of my custom presets and scripts show up where they should in AE. Here's what that looks like on a Mac. I keep the custom presets on dropbox so I can access them from any machine with an internet connection. 

Screenshot_2021-01-02 20.39.28_TeS3oj.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick - I have almost exactly the same set up to 'sync' across multiple machines. All my plugins / presets / scripts etc are on Dropbox and linked to the relevant folders. I've used this set up for years, not only with Ae, but other software as well. In fact it was doing a bit of holiday maintenance / cleanup that lead me to discover this oneDrive file path issue.

I've now managed to find others with this same problem. It's clearly a Windows issue, not an Ae one. Don't I just love Microsoft...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines