• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outrageously Long Render Time...

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to make this as quick and painless as possible. I'm trying to render a video of a bunch of tv screens. We're going to use it at a NYE wedding celebration so it has random youtube videos of NYE celebrations, and things that are relevant to the couple (music videos, etc...) I am by no means an AE expert, but I know my way enough around with it to be semi-dangerous. So with the little videos I'm going to impose on these screens, I've created overlays of VHS type effects to give it a vintage feel. Each screen I did kind of as it's own composition to keep my timeline clean. I've attached a few screenshots of what I'm referring to. When I go to render (the video is like 6 mins long) it says it will take something like 17 hours to complete. I tried to start it yesterday and it rendered for 5 hours and was maybe a third of the way done if that. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it would be taking this long? I'm probably going about this the totally wrong way - but any help is appreciated. Thanks!will mask out white herewill mask out white herebasic comp layout for single videobasic comp layout for single videobasic comp layout for single videobasic comp layout for single videoimage that videos will be overlaid onimage that videos will be overlaid on

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 minutes in After Effects is very much, to this you add the amount of effects added, to this you add the layers, the video size, the technical specifications of your computer that we do not know, everything has to do. I even see that you have a lot of Shine effect, that alone is already a very hard process. Try disabling some effects to see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the shine effect is? I didn't think I added any effects to the files...

The image at the bottom is a rendering I did out of another program. The idea is to use it as a base, mask out the white on the video (first image you see) and then overalay it...so the video itself is still with tv projections being the only animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have also specified on my computer...I have a GTX1080 card, 32gb of ram, and my CPU is a AMD Ryzen 7 1700

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it has not applied any effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, with a lot of normal-sized videos -- with effects applied to each -- scaled down and on the screen at once, your render time isn't all that outrageous.  6 minutes is a boatload of time in After Effects terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope you rendering this as an image sequence, otherwise cross fingers that the computer isn't going to crash within the next hours.

You have 15 video clips, probably HD, and 15+ VHS effect clips including expressions running on a underpowered CPU (in terms of AE) with too less RAM for all those streams and that's why it takes so long.

Just let it render.

Sidequestions: Is there a special reason why the main comp has non square pixels?

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines