Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

overlord parametric

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,
i have a problem importing shapes from illustrator to AE via overlord... I only got a path made and no rectangle parameters as roundness, etc...
Is there a way to fix this around? Does an update from after effects 2022 buggy-messy? or... Am i doing something wrong ? Thank you... this has a lot to do with my workflow.
Thank you!
TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

My guess is that you tried to download Kyle Martinez's script by right-clicking and saving the link, but you instead saved an HTML file. Create a new file in a plain text editor and copy the code from this page, saving the file with a .jsx extension: https://github.com/kyletmartinez/Convert-Shapes/blob/main/Convert%20Shapes.jsx

Alternatively, you should be able to right-click the "Raw" button at the top and choose "Save Link As." If you open the downloaded script file in a plain text editor an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the "Detect Parametric" button selected? Check out the attached screenshot to see where that is in the panel. 

davidarbor_0-1660742903291.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I got all of them didn't solve the beans TY David !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this in AE Beta, which is now at version 23, so I doubt the update to 22 was the problem. Have you tried with a very basic shape and no extras? Is it possible that something unique is happening on your shape that might not be supported? I tried in a new AI comp with a simple rectangle and it was received by AE as a parametric shape. As soon as I added roundness to the rectangle, it sent over as a path. This short video from Battleaxe explains the feature and doesn't mention roundness at all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdR5DqKrq-E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did also, and the convert shapes by Martinez send me a Unable to execute script at line 28. & doesn't have a value.

that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that you tried to download Kyle Martinez's script by right-clicking and saving the link, but you instead saved an HTML file. Create a new file in a plain text editor and copy the code from this page, saving the file with a .jsx extension: https://github.com/kyletmartinez/Convert-Shapes/blob/main/Convert%20Shapes.jsx

Alternatively, you should be able to right-click the "Raw" button at the top and choose "Save Link As." If you open the downloaded script file in a plain text editor and the code mentions HTML and doesn't match the code on GitHub, then the script was downloaded incorrectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh good ideas, i will try... Never thought about...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one was fine, had loose my morning with this... TY! I will not forget this raw things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope your are well paid for this! Have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, glad it helped. I'm not paid at all, I'm just another user like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning! I just updated to the latest version of Ae and Ai (not beta) on MacOS and now Overlord doesn't seem to work. I press the buttons and nothing happens. Is anyone else finding this to be an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When scripts, extensions, or plug-ins break after installing an AE update, it's always practice to see if you have the latest version of your tool. Overlord is on v1.24 and I'm running the latest version of AE and AI in both beta and public and it works fine.

What version are you running? To see if it's the latest, go into the Settings via the flyout menu (in either panel of Overlord, it doesn't matter) and click the big "Check for Updates" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right. In settings, the version I was using was 1.22. I tried to update from Ae app and couldn't but I managed to download it from the site and replaced the 1.22 version with the 1.24 version in the /library/ folder on my Mac. It's working now. Thanks so much for your help. I had to remember too to change the downloaded file to a zip folder and unzip it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it working. I would actually recommend reinstalling the extension properly. Yes, ZXP files are zips, but they're meant to be installed as a package, not renamed and unzipped. There are a lot of files associated with an extension and using a tool like the aescripts ZXP installer ensures you're properly updating Overlord so you don't have weird issues like old files from v1.22 but v1.24 of the actual extension: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines