• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painful rendering After Effects template

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Guys, I am working on a slideshow in after effects and i got a random free template to put the photos in it.. however the rendering is shocking, and I am not too sure how i can speed it up. I would think that my computer should handle it okay (2,2ghz i7/redeon pro 555x 4gb) but i am no professional so thinking maybe one of you could advise how i can make this quicker? I am already on 1/3 quality and changed the template setting to draft instead of best possible.Thanks a lot!

Zsuzsanna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any clue about what template you are referring to and its technical requirements nor what you consider "shocking"(-ly long) render times, nobody can really tell you much. The blunt answer (no offense) likely is that you just don't understand well enough how AE works and expect it to do magical things. I'm pretty sure within the way the template is set up and what your computer can deliver in terms of performance everything is just fine. In any case, for anyone to advise on potential speed-ups and optimizations you have to provide a lot more information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mylenium is right. We need much more data about your projet and exact info on how much is shockimng render time for you.

But as long time AE user and active forums user I bet that issue that you have is because of your photos size.
In most cases photos are muh larer trhan composition size in AE. Probably your composition/template is in HD or Full HD but most cameras (even phone camera) make photos in 12-24 or much more megapixels. After Effects works and count always original size of layer. So even if you import your (let say) 32MP photos, and scale them to fit in your Full HD tempate - After Effects count original pixels in your photos and that is why render can take much longer than it should.
So if what I described is what you are experiencing - make your original photos smaller (as close to your AE template/composition size as it is possible) f.eg. in Ps or any other photo sizing tool and then import those to your composition.
That way AE will count much faster because it will have much less pixels to count on each frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines