Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particle Systems II - Not working in its default state

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! 

I am a beginner but have previously worked with After Effects before. I've come across an issue recently that I have not been able to resolve (the support agent via remote screen aid wasn't able to resolve either), the issue is with CC Particle Systems II where upon dragging it + CC Composite onto a text, the particles do not seem to be functioning in a flow from left to right, but rather 'upwards' instead. 

I've attached a screenshot of a side-by-side tutorial I am following for a text sand effect. 

The left is the actual video I am following through up to around 4:14 on the timeframe. The right is my workflow space where I have replicated all the same options they have inputted into the effect, however the result is completely different where the particles are pointed upwards in a continuous cone rather than a 'scattering' flow like in the video.

This is not the first time I have followed this tutorial and achieved the effect a few years ago, but for some reason I am not able to. I'm using the old version of After Effects 22.0 (which I originally successfully replicated on), and have also tried this on 23.0+ / newer versions as well, all which led to the same failed result.

If anyone could possibly help advise me on this where I am going wrong or if it's an After Effects issue would be appreciated as I am going out of my mind! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some weird bugs in CC Composite. Simply pre-compose the text layers and use conventional track mattes or whatever instead of relying on the effect.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines