• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective change in 2D animation

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to After Effects. I have a stop motion animation I drew by hand which I wanted to try and animate in AE. I was wondering how I could go about animating this sequence:

I have a top view of a pan with a fried egg where the "camera" shifts to the side to show the side of the pan. 

Untitled.png

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a couple of options. Both require that your images are all on separate layers and that they are properly lined up. It's the same requirement you have if you make a flipbook or are doing traditional cell animation.

It is a good idea to sequentially number the images. Something like pan_001.png, pan_002.jpg, and so on.

When you have the images all prepared all you have to do is import them as an image sequence. This will make a movie out of the images. You can change the frame rate by interpreting the footage. That would be the most common way of creating a movie from sequential images. 

To control the timing of the images you enable time remapping. 

The other option is to import all of the images into the Project Panel. Then you can select them all, in order and choose "Create Composition from selected" from the file menu. You will be given the option to create multiple compositions, or a single composition, or a single composition and sequence the layers. 

The third, and least efficient workflow is to import all images separately, add them all to a timeline with one on top of the other, then set an in and out point for all layers and use the Keyframe Assistant to sequence the layers. 

The basics of this workflow are in the online documentation and you should spend some time with the User Guide and in the Learn workspace so you get a handle on the UI and basic workflows. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. I don't have the time to create screenshots for you now, but if you still need help, get back to us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines