• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help, Trying to delete/blackout someone's teeth in a video?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time using after effects, I'm trying to blackout someones teeth to make it look like they have no theeth. Any ideas on how to do it? I tried using the paintbrush but that doesn't really work because of the mouth closing. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone? I have final cut as well if anyone knows how to do it their. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rotobrush tool to mask out the teeth (invert the tool) (or just mask it manually, set mask to subtract) followed up with the content aware fill tool to fill in the space to make it look like the inside of the mouth and not just a black hole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Everytime I use the rotor brush it says " Roto Brush Propagatting" Is that normal? It seems like it takes forever and doesn't do anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you've finished making your adjustments, you can freeze roto brush so it stops propagating. I recommend watching a few tutorials on rotobrush or follow the steps Rick has detailed here for a more thorough effect. Your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotobrush is not going to be able to motion track only one or two teeth. You want to use Mocha AE and motion track the teeth, then create a mask for the teeth you want to black out. To do a real professional job, you'll also need to add a background that is tracked to the teeth so the back of the mouth or the toung is visible through the hole you make.

Here's a tutorial series on using Mocha AE. High quality work like this is going to take some time.

https://borisfx.com/free-training/mocha-essentials/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=yt&utm_campaign=tra...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines