• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Maxon Cinema 4D Force Install

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Adobe is force installing it with no option to prevent the installation at first place?

Each platform has standards, Microsoft has some guidelines!

Adobe should provide an option during setup, instead they just fill up our PCs with bloatware!

Don't believe me? Check after Adobe products' install how many services and processes are always running!

Solution is simple: Place a CheckBox on initial setup window: "Install C4D"!

Uninstall PS/AE/PR/ME and you'll see many of app files/folders/registry entries are not removed afterwards!

I'm truely appalled...

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Hi all,

As noted here, installing C4D is now optional when installing After Effects 2023 and later. More details on how to choose whether or not to install C4D are available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new/2023.html#C4D-optional-installer 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My biggest question is why is Maxon the only vendor that gets this sort of treatment? I don't see Maya LT or Houdini Core or even Blender being so "seamlessly" integrated with After Effects? I would love to have Eevee integrated into AE, but I assume that'll never happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maxon supplies the 3D rendering engine. Would you like to see this go too? I use the C4D lite integration all the time. It is a very useful tool, more so than the Ray-Traced Rendering engine ever was. I've never seen so much complaining about free software that can help you deliver a better product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However great it is, it should be a separate installer. Since it is a separate program. That people have to Google why C4D is suddenly on their system is plain wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A crummy practice Adobe is engaged in with this.  I shouldn't have to go research online just to figure out what is happening when Adobe suddenly installs a bunch of unsolicited and unheard of software on my computer.  And I don't need a response to this from that rep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only just realised this had been happening and I'm EXTREMELY pissed off.  I had two copies of Cinema 4D clogging up my backup machine and had no idea they were there. It takes me all day to update just a subset of CC apps with my pathetic shared internet connection, and having disk space and internet bandwidth wasted on an installation I did NOT ASK FOR is an invasion of privacy and an act of utter disrespect. I already have 3DS MAX and Blender and have no need for C4D. I have to fork out a good sum of money for Adobe's rental software every year, so the least they can do is show a bit of courtesy and consideration and not force-bundle bloatware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

As noted here, installing C4D is now optional when installing After Effects 2023 and later. More details on how to choose whether or not to install C4D are available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new/2023.html#C4D-optional-installer 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines