Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview extremely slow at 2.2fps even when all frames are cached

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

My AE previews are extremely slow at 2.2fps even when all frames are cached. The same project previews instantly on a much older computer.

I've tried clearing cache and trashing prefs, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing windows layout. Reinstalling Nvidia drivers. Both AE 2019 and 2018 are affected. I have two wide monitors running at 2560x1080. Premiere 2019 is running perfectly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Computer is Windows 10 and recently built with great specs. Spec screenshots below.

Thanks!

Preview.png

Specs 1.png

Specs 2.png

Specs 3.png

    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's started working 10min after I posted this! (which was after 4 hours of troubleshooting later).

I loaded a different project. It previewed in realtime after caching as it should have.

I then loaded the troublesome project and it was then correctly previewing. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. The problem has come back but only for this specific project, which is based on a template that has 100 precomps duplicated over 2500 precomps, forming a grid. Any heard of large and complicated projects forcing the preview to slow to a crawl, even when it's all cached? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Propably the preview settings are not optimal. Please post a screenshot of the panel.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"...this specific project, which is based on a template that has 100 precomps duplicated over 2500 precomps, forming a grid. Any heard of large and complicated projects..."

We sure have!  You're choking your machine.  If I was going to have 2500 images on screen at the same time, I'd give AE the least work to do I could.  That means prerendering.  Go get busy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines