• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview not working, moving one frame back instead

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preview periodically stops to work. RAM preview is fully loaded, green, but when I hit the spacebar, it does not play back the composition. This happens randomly and with any project. I had the Adobe Team look over it, they do not know what it is. When I try to reset the audio output (which some of you here in the forums suggested), After Effects crashes. The only thing that helps is restarting the program. Since I am having this issue now every 3 minutes, this is not a workaround anymore. Anyone else having this annoying problem? What kind of bug is this? I cannot work anymore. 

i9 processor, 24 cores

2 TB SSD

128 GB RAM

NVIDIA 4090

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas22168358sdmq,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Is it happening with the old projects or with new projects as well? Are there any third-party plug-ins installed? If possible, please share a screen recording of the issue so we can understand it better. Also, have you tried clearing the media cache (Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache)? Does that help?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a loop with your tech team already since 10 days. Waiting for a professional to contact me, since all the other guys did not know how to fix this. Now I am asking the community, I feel quite left alone by the support team. 

And of course, I have tried all of the above, I have been using the software for over 20 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the poor experience.

Do you mind sharing a screen recording or steps to reproduce the issue? We'll share them with the engineers to take a look and try to find a solution or a workaround.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found out what is causing the issue: when I am connected via bluetooth with my air pods than I encounter that problem all the time. If I connect - by bluetooth as well - another audio device (Sony Headphones), the issue is gone. Same goes for pluggin in headphones via jack. So it has something to do with the audio mapping in after effects, but still no clue why this only happens with the air pods. So that is the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines