Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with AE saving on external SSD

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I run with a now macstudio and opened AE lastest version (23) and started with new project. While I tried to save the project on external SSD it wrote me error with saving. When I saved on the local disk into mac, it works. Could you please help me to solve it?

Thank you!
Aleš

AE problem.png

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the file save on the root level of the drive and other folders? How is the drive formatted? How is it connected to the computer?

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to save it into subfolder. External SSD (San Disk Extreme Portable) is connected with USB-C and formated on EX-FAT. Anyway I worked on this SSD on old MacBook Pro (2019) without any complications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would reformatting it on the current machine be an option? I get this feeling that this is more of an OS issue. Perhaps some identifiers have changed, perhaps some permissions not updated or it tries to create restore and file version info that your drive cannot support. Do other programs, in particular Adobe ones of course, expose similar issues?

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other programes work, it happens only with AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have same problem. it only happens with AE or morgrt file in Premiere pro.

I worked on M1max MacBook Pro on same ssd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have exactly the same Issue with my Mac Studio M1 Max 32Gb and Samsung T7 Shield SSD external drive. Everything (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc) works perfectly, except After Effects (V. 23.1). I already checked SSD format and permissions, and everything is OK. I haven't found a solution yet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Just solved it! Updated the OS to the last version and that's it! (silly I Know) Hope that works for you too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines