• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with After effects Camera inside C4d

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I track my footage in AE then export the 3D camera and 3D objects using the built-in Maxon Cinema4D Export feature. Once in C4D, if I try to playback the animation, the camera jumps to the last position and remains there no matter what.

What I've tried:

Changing the original footage frame rate (24, 30, 23.976 fps)

Copying Camera Keyframes in C4D to a new C4D camera

Restarting Everything. 

Updating All programs (currently running latest version of AE as of 3/29/2020 and C4D R21)

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that when the project was opening in C4D it defaulted to a single timeline position. I just needed to extend the timeline to include the entire length of my footage (0 - 4 sec).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you explain how you did that? having the some problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really strange. Cinema 4D "reads" the size and duration of your tracked composition inside After Effects with no need to update any of these values. What I would check is that you are creating a composition in the exact same size as the original footage. Also, you must define the Ground Plane and origin to match the origin of coordinates of both programs. Not sure if you are skipping any of the stepss. Could you explain a little bit what are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED IT! OMG...Okay. So u need to go into after effects and make sure your composiotion starts at frame 0. If not just hit ctrl+k and change the starting point to 0. Because C4D ALWAYS starts at frame 0 and not some astronomical frame number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the solution for me too, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines