Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with audio export blocked at 8000 hz since AE CC 12.2.0.52

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Today it's a mess, I don't know if it's my iMac which is dying or what, but several problems.

I try to export a comp, it has worked well and today, the frequency of the audio in the render parameter is blocked at 8000 hz, when I try to use another frequency and confirm, the frequency is back at 8000 hz !!! I try with other audio files, but it's the same problem...

solution ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Here are the the details of the After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update, which is now available:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1221

This update fixes the audio sampling bug, as well as several other issues.

Note the part at the end of that page about a crucial update for the Creative Cloud desktop application, which addresses some severe problems with AME, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: We found a problem with the bug-fix update, so we needed to build a new patch and redo some testing. We're still working on this and hope to have a bug-fix update out within a week or two.

Here's a post about some known issues and their workarounds:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the last sentence of my first paragraph in the previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To have to export to another program (or sorry, they're now called 'apps') such as Media Encoder, just to output a file, which is something After Effects does by itself anyway, is a waste of time.  I'm currently outputting around 60 clips for use on a stadium screen and I had set up an output module with the correct render & audio settings etc.

After outputting 15 files, I thought I should just check them and I'm glad I did as the audio was output at 8.000Khz, even though I set up 44.100 in the output module.  Take a look in the output module to check and it's set at 8.000.

I've now gone through your workaround and have updated the output module and double checked it, so I'm now ok to proceed.  I just wonder how many people have been affected by this, working for clients, wasting time and maybe even being made to look stupid because of it.  Many people here are freelancers and rely on their reputation for doing good work to get the next job.  This is something that could jeopardize that for those people.

The first post here is 17th December, you said "the fix will be coming out in the month after the bug was found."  It's now 5th February. That's now only a week off 2 months from the first post, where you responded with "We've already identified the problem code and our developer knows how to fix it."  So it appears you already knew the problem existed before 17th December.  Come on guys, get your finger out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd,

LeeHarper is a much more elegant writer than I am, but I think our point may be one and the same.

I am a business owner. Time is money to me. Your amateur bug (which wasn't even there before!) is costing me money. Just like your amateur handling of our credit card credentials also cost me money. I am quite baffled that you have the audacity to be so rude seeing as your company was recently involved in such a scandal.

I really hope you're a student help, in which case I'd argue that you should find another job. Alternatively you're some aspergian programmer, in which case I'd suggest that you'd leave the social media stuff to someone who understands the social aspect better than you do. If you used to be in charge of internet security for Adobe please don't do anything on the Internet ever again.

Not that I in any way owe this to you, Todd, but notice how a lazy response on your part escalated matters. Social media 1o1.

Question remains: WHEN is this bug fixed?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I know attitude is hard to convey in a text-based medium, but I haven't even seen Todd being rude in general. He's one of the most patient people I've encountered. The fact that he volunteers his spare time in these user-to-user forums in order to help speaks a lot about his character.

In this specific instance, I don't see him being rude either. He said quite clearly that they had a fix, but in testing they found that their update broke some other things so, instead of pushing it out with issues (like what happened with drag-and-drop importing in the 12.2.0 update), they've decided to make a less flawed update available and he gave us a timeline of one to two weeks.

Less than a week later, he got asked when it was coming out, so he pointed the poster to the information.

It didn't seem rude to me. I've seen lots of people posting in forums without reading what's come before, so pointing to a post that had the information that was being sought (as well as further info in case the poster was interested) seems like the appropriate thing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam,

Well, isn't that the kind of reply to make me feel shameful of my rude musings.

I'm not a forumnite, and I don't know the lingo. I'm just this guy working for a living, you know?

If it is true, like you said, that Todd volunteers spare time to answer us, then I sincerely apologize to Todd. Honest.

Todd, dude, it's the bug, it's Adobe the last couple of month, it's not you personally. It was never you personally to begin with. Apologies.

Sorry if I've mistepped boundaries here, but again, I think LeeHarper had a fair point, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to get back into the bug issue as I've already said my point above.  What I think is a pain in the arm is that we have to find these bugs ourselves, through being bitten by them, then doing a web search or a search through these forums to find out the issue.

If I'd already known the bug existed and there was a workaround already worked out, it would've been useful to have that information before I'd found it the hard way.  I'm not on this forum much and I don't regularly get on the Adobe site, much less often do a search for "bug of the day".  Is there some way users could be informed of a known bug when it's discovered?  Kinda like a press release but sent to people who are using the affected software?

Surely this information could be fed to the Creative Cloud app?  So it pops up with a message one morning, a little like a news feed?  Or even just an email with the information would be useful.  A quick read and we wouldn't all be moaning that we've wasted working time and we're all individually digging these bugs out.  It would maybe even show Adobe as being proactive and supportive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some way users could be informed of a known bug when it's discovered?  Kinda like a press release but sent to people who are using the affected software?

Surely this information could be fed to the Creative Cloud app?  So it pops up with a message one morning, a little like a news feed?  Or even just an email with the information would be useful.  A quick read and we wouldn't all be moaning that we've wasted working time and we're all individually digging these bugs out.  It would maybe even show Adobe as being proactive and supportive?

Here's a list of known issues and workarounds on the After Effects team blog, which you can subscribe to:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/01/known-issues-workarounds-after-effects-cc-12-2.html

You can subscribe to the team blog for announcements like that.

Also, we tend to broadcast the sorts of issues over various channels like Twitter and Facebook:

https://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2010/02/after-effects-team-on-twitter.html

I typically also broadcast such issues on various forums, including this one, Creative COW, Reddit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd

Thanks, I didn't realise you can subscribe to that blog, so I just have done...  well, I tried to but when I click the Susbcribe / Email link (top right of page) it opens the same page back up and it's titled "Page not found".  I've tried that with being signed in and out and it does the same thing each time...  another bug!  Sorry!

I'm not on Twitter and I don't tend to subscribe to industry pages on Facebook, I'll take a look at it though.

As I said earlier, I'm not on forums very often, including this one, so I won't spot your broadcasts on Creative Cow & Reddit etc.

I'll try the blog subscribe again maybe when it's fixed.  When will that be !? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The typical way to subscribe to a blog is to use an RSS reader. You can paste the URL for the blog into any RSS reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I'm sorry if I sounded like I was being harsh to you. I certainly understand your frustration. This is a really annoying bug and it's something that really seems like it should have been caught in testing before the last patch was released. It's just that Todd works so hard to keep the community notified about things and to help - even when situations are beyond his control. He posts here, on other forums (Creative COW, VCP, etc.), and the After Effects subreddit (that I moderate) and he goes above and beyond in helping user issues get resolved. I just wanted to make sure that you (and others reading the forums) understood how much he has been working to help us.

Lee, I love your idea for a notification in the CC app. I would like to encourage you, however, to take part in some AE communities online. Talking with other AE users can really give you some creative and productive new ideas. I've learned workflow shortcuts I never would have dreamed of just by reading discussions in places like the the AE community on reddit. It's just a bonus that you're also informed of bugs and workarounds.

Todd, is there a way for known bugs like this that are pretty wide-reaching to be announced in the CC app? If not, I think it would be a huge help. You've done a really good job with posting on various forums and the reddit community (nearly 5,000 subscribers! WOO!), but having the CC app push out a notification would be another great venue to get the word out. This audio issue, the Illustrator XMP data crash, and similar things like that really need to be announced to the user base as widely as possible and, since you've got the whole cloud thing going on, a bit of a notification in there would be a great feature addition. Sometime down the road, you could even have such notifications tailored to the operating system of the user, but a system-wide blast in the meantime would certainly be better than the forums posts alone. Thanks again for all the work you do. And thank the team for catching the bug in the update you guys were about to push out. We look forward to the less-buggy update next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already forwarded the suggestion to the folks in charge of the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam, I agree about taking part in communities online.  I'm already a Creative Cow member and I will take a look at the Reddit AE community too.  I don't always have lots of time to do this, I'm also a 3D animator so I have to share my forum/online time on 3DS Max related sites too.  It's great to learn from others and to help others too, so I'll try to do that more.

Todd, that's great that you've passed the suggestion onto the CC desktop app people, I hope it's a useful suggestion.

... and I look forward to the AE update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the the details of the After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update, which is now available:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1221

This update fixes the audio sampling bug, as well as several other issues.

Note the part at the end of that page about a crucial update for the Creative Cloud desktop application, which addresses some severe problems with AME, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woohoo!  Audio bug fixed.    I hadn't encountered any of the other bugs, but I'm pleased they're addressed too.

Well done Todd and the team finally!  It was worth the wait

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray! It works! Finally I can get back to what I hopefully do well, instead of what I do less well, which is communicating on forums.

Thanks to Todd and everyone who made this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this fix go to Tim and Dave.

Sorry it took so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This is so great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This is so great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bella Tod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frank_omni wrote:

I've been doing render like crazy for the last 3 weeks and no problem... This afternon, after 4 or 5 render, the bug appeared!!! Why?

This bug only appears when you open the Output Module Settings dialog. If you have been using Output Module templates and not opening the settings to change them, you would not encounter this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines