• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the preview screen in AE 2020 macOS

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, install adobe after effects 2020 and I have this problem seeing the reproduction, I tried to change the views and I have no results.Captura de pantalla 2019-11-20 a la(s) 22.46.59.png

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Crash , FAQ , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Thanks for your patience. Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the duplicate preview issues. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this as I have the same issue on my iMac but not on my PC (Win), sadly no change. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the issue. I understand getting a dual preview is not an ideal behaviour. 

• Did you try resetting preferences as suggested by @OussK?
  • Which version of macOS are you using?
  • Does it happen with every project? Please test it on a new project?

Looking forward to a response. We'll get it checked at our end too.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perform all steps and fail to solve the problem. I will uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivangi,

Yes, I did try @OussK's recommendation but it failed.

My OS is High Sierra 10.13.6 on a Mid 2011 27" iMac.

Yes created a new project using new footage with the same result, the initial display does not advance, only the quarter display overlapping advances during playback making editing impossibly difficult.

Looking forward to any further advice, thank you.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for keeping us updated. We got a lead! This is observed as a known issue with After Effects 2020 and macOS. Our engineering team is working on a fix which is expected to be released with the patch update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience. Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the duplicate preview issues. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have just downloaded Premiere Rush (April 8th 2020) on my laptop running Windows 10, and have the split screen preview problem not just on my own footage, but also with the sample footage used in the tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines