• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with blending modes and video copilot's Saber plugin

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've got a problem. I've made a new composition with an animation, call that comp1. I've used a black solid with the video copilot plugin Saber. I animated some stuff on top of that solid. To make sure everything looks right in comp1 I've used blending mode 'Add' for the solid layer with the Saber effect. Now the problem arises when I put comp1 into comp2, over a video file. No matter the blending mode, it never blends right. I get a rectangle over my video. I've tried to mask the black background away, but that won't work as that also gets rid of the glow the Saber effect provides. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance, sorry for wall of text.. Top screenshot is comp1, bottom is comp2.

comp1.pngcomp2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

If I'm understanding what you're wanting to do...

In Comp 1 set the Saber / Black solid to normal blending mode.

In the Saber effect, twirl down Render Settings and set Composite Settings to Transparent.

In your comp 2 - leave the comp layer set to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a little confused. In your Comp 2 you don't have a blending mode set for your Comp 1 layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Towerguy,

Yes you're right in comp2 I dont have a blending mode selected. I've tried basically every combination of blending modes in comp1 and 2 though and none really worked as I wanted to. The second screenshot without a blending mode in comp2 is to most clearly show the problem, but It would still have the problem, albeit maybe slightly less extensive, with another blending mode.

Sorry for being unclear about that, hope this clears it up,

Thanks,

Popp9000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding what you're wanting to do...

In Comp 1 set the Saber / Black solid to normal blending mode.

In the Saber effect, twirl down Render Settings and set Composite Settings to Transparent.

In your comp 2 - leave the comp layer set to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You completely understoond what I meant, and that fixed it. Thanks so much. I didn't even know you could do that with Saber. TIL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god, I know this post is old but THANK YOU — you saved my day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Likewise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Popp9000,

Which version of After Effects are you using? FAQ: How to find the exact version of After Effects you're using?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey RameezKhan,

I'm currently using After Effects CS6 version 11.0.0.378

Thanks for the reply,

Popp9000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the saber plugin and then created a new comp and a new text .. but when i apply saber effect there is no response just it is being a blank screen...what should i do now?

1590067786871453080650.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines