• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with layers not showing in after effects 2020

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Im working on a small animation to a client. I have already made 2 seperate animations with the same layers that was originaly made in Illustrator. The problem I have is that when I open the composition in After Effects there are several layers that doesnt show, but the layers are in the timeline with key frames and all. But the layers wont show in the display window... Its very confusing and I dont know how to fix this. I can add some pictures of the comp to show. Skjermbilde 2021-01-21 kl. 13.14.50.pngSkjermbilde 2021-01-21 kl. 13.15.05.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if the layers have opacity of 0 or scale of 0. If they are parented, check if the parent has a scale of 0.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first step in troubleshooting a comp is to turn on both the switches and modes column in the timeline by clicking the first two icons at the bottom left corner of the timeline, select all layers and press the 'u' key twice. This will reveal all modified properties in all layers you have selected. Look for keyframes or modified properties and effects. If any of the layers have effects applied as indicated in the FX column of the Switches column turn off those effects one by one. If you still can't find the problem start soloing layers one at a time or turning off layers starting at layer 1 until you find the layer that is causing the problem. 

When you post screenshots, try and have switches and modes columns visible and the modified properties of the layers showing so we can see what is going on. Trying to diagnose without that information means we can only make a wild guess. Martin made a good guess, but it is only a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope you got this solved.  I was having the same problem.  I ended up swapping out the layer item (for an identicle one) and it showed again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines