Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Procedural Text Gradient

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to make a MOGRT for some editors to use throughout a project.

I need to have the text animation visuals match up with a design, which has a faux 3D style extrusion.

I also need to use a bouncy animation, which uses expressions to give an overshoot animation effect.

I was told yesterday that the animation needs to feel more 3D, so I need to add a gradient to the text extrusion effect to make it look more 3D. 

This is where the problem is at the moment. I cannot seem to get the animation to work accurately with any kind of gradient. None of the gradients will move with the text, and as it is a template, it needs to be flexible, so in some instances, there will be 2/3 lines of text.

I have attached an example of the broken gradient approach. 

Is there any way of getting the gradient to work over different lines of text? I am currently using 3 ramp variations which turn off and on, based on how many lines of text there are.

In the last example, you can see the main issue I am having with the ramp overlap. The 3 ramp layers are tied to the matte of the extruded layer. So, they maintain that mask.

Any ideas would be most helpful. These need to be editable in premiere, so I want to avoid locked asset ideas. I am using 2023 too.

christ12274520_0-1720102098621.png

christ12274520_1-1720102163525.pngchrist12274520_2-1720102252166.png

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't think so. This is one of those cases, where you would need to do it the hard way and have each letter as a separate layer. The only option would be some sort of plug-in that re-creates everything without even using AE text layers, but that would have its own limitations.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines