• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Only Renders Partially

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just edited a 23 second long video on After Effects CC 2018. I went to render it, put all my usual settings and made sure it rendered the whole composition. It then fully rendered, but the video was only 10 seconds long. I did this two more times, making sure my settings were normal and it hasn't changed. Any help?Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.13.39 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have the sunrise comp selected in the Project Panel but should be rendering out the Screen Shot 2019 comp. I'd try selecting the Screen Shot 2019 comp in the Project Panel (look at the tab in the timeline) and then try rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried selecting that in the project panel, it still only rendered 10 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: While it is rendering, it shows the whole time frame being rendered. When it gets to the 10 seconds, it'll just freeze there for a while and then just save what it has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the render settings > which is set to default to Best Settings which have the Time Span set to "work area only", check the work area  in the comp timeline or try changing the time span setting to the "length of the comp" 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made sure my whole video was in the work area, and did work area only. I also tried selecting length of the comp. My whole video time shows while its rendering, but it will render halfway and then just stop and save what it has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you import the file into Premiere Pro and put it in a timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't own premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, you don't OWN Adobe software.  You rent it.  If you stop paying the monthly rent, the software stops working after 30 days.

And unless you're renting only After Effects and nothing else, you can download & install Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I mention Premiere Pro is this:  I suspect you rendered a lossless file, you're looking at the file on a viewer, your computer can't keep with the file's bit rate, and the playback is freezing at about the 10-second mark. 

Looking at the file in PP will show you its true length, and it might even play it back in real time.  You can also import the file into AE and scrutinize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try setting the output render path to your desktop and see if it will render the whole composition. I don’t know your drive configuration but this will ensure that it is being built to a local drive which may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually had it going to my desktop during all of my tries, and they are all 10 second videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried exporting it with premier pro and media encoder. It failed, and attached is a screenshot of the error.Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 12.58.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it keeps stopping at the same spot that part of the video in your composition may be corrupt.

Maybe look for glitches in that video or try doing an export without a potentially corrupt video to see if that could be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rest of the video has a bunch of photos with transitions, and all of the video plays in the RAM preview. Is it corrupt if it plays?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes... it could still play but have a corrupt portion that may prevent it from rendering. I’d look for potential technical issues where the render is stopping and see if you can work around them. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set preview to full resolution, active motion blur, let it render. Preview will fail for sure around 10 secs. Go to the time mark an investigate. It could be everything from a plugin to a corrupted image. Just make sure you are at full res and motion blur in every comp and precomp, otherwise you might not find the issue.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines