• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quicktime with h.264

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There! Its My Client's Demand To Have A Video rendered In Quicktime Container With h.264 Codec in 25 Fps And Audio codec to be in wave. I m Using AE CC How cn I Acheve This Format. Please Tell me Its So Urgent  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe dropped support for that a long time ago. You can export the video in a high quality format like DNxHD, ProRes, Cineform or umcompressed AVI and convert it with 3rd party software to QT/H264.

Try MediaCoder (https://www.mediacoderhq.com/) for that.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am basing this answer on an assumption that you are using a Windows computer.

If they have asked for QT, it suggests they are on a Mac, which should make things easy for you. Make your output file as H.264 in Media Encoder/AE without audio and export as normal. Do a seperate audio output as a .WAV file (as they have asked for audio separately). Simply change the file extension on your output video file from '.mp4' to '.mov' and it will be seen as a QT file by any Mac.  I always independently test the results on multiple devices (eg Android, iOS, PC) and have never had a glitch.

I do this all the time - it's purely cosmetic. Obviously, do check before hand that it all works, incase there are elements of your workflow that might effect the final output!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually Apple that dropped the support for h.264 in a .mov container. Adobe had nothing to do with it. QT will play h.264 files as MP4 files, there is no difference. If your client demands a MOV, all you have to do is change the extension to MOV. QT will not know the difference. The latest builds of the QT player just pass through the h.264. When you use Final Cut Pro to render an h.264 movie they just change the extension. There is no difference at all in the actual structure of the file.

The biggest problem is the Audio requirements for .wav. There is no such thing. QuickTime File Format - Wikipedia

You can choose from a couple of options. The sample rate and compression can be changed. The most common format is Linear PCM 16 bit 48 kHz.  A client specifying WAV compression is nonsense. You can deliver a WAV file, but the option to set the format to WAV inside an H.264 file does not exist. I strongly suspect they want Linear PCM 48 kHz 16-bit Uncompressed because that is the standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deepakk, just to be clear; my reference to your client requesting a separate audio file is exactly because of what Rick says here, ie Wav compression is not something that exists within a muxed video file. D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines