• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"After Effects can't continue: (Plug-In Name) plug-in generated an unexpected exception."

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was going okay, I made the best edit of my life and then when I opened the project later the program freezes and stops responding for a while and then, I get this stupid error and can't find a way to fix it. I'm really close to finishing this edit and want to get this project done but this error's stopping me. PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!😭😭😭
Xtrm_Proxar_0-1648403503734.png

If this error cannot be fixed let me know if there's a way to get rid of the S_TimeSlice's used in this project so I can continue the proejct without this effect, thank youuu!!!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

So i deleted the files of S_TimeSlice and then opened the project being able to remove the effect as the files of it is missing and no problems are caused, then saved the project and restored the files. This is just a workaround, but is there a way to be able to use this effect without the error? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably navigated yourself into a corner by creating keyframes that force the plug-in to look up frames that don't even exist or creating a nested composition construct with similar effect. Open the project with capslock enabled and remove the effect. The actual plug-in can simply be deleted from the folder and it will never appear again.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the method with CapsLock but can you please explain this part?

creating keyframes that force the plug-in to look up frames that don't even exist or creating a nested composition construct with similar effect.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already not responding when I open the project with CapsLock on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So i deleted the files of S_TimeSlice and then opened the project being able to remove the effect as the files of it is missing and no problems are caused, then saved the project and restored the files. This is just a workaround, but is there a way to be able to use this effect without the error? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines