• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"after effects warning: Error reading past end of file" while rotoscoping

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting these  "after effects warning: Error reading past end of file" while rotoscoping. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. As a result this part of my file wont render/export in premiere. I check the file in After effect and I dont see any reason to be getting the error. I even went as far as replacing the clip footage with the same footage and I still get that error.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JohnnyRocket ,

This type of behavior usually occurs if there was some sort of crash.

Attempt a render from After Effects.

If that is successful, replace the footage on the Pr timeline.

Let us know how you go

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whey I attempt a render that message pops up over and over again, then a message does show saying something crashed and send s one of those 'send to adobe' things.

It eventually 'renders', but when I go to premiere and try to export that clip I get a 'cannot render' message and Premiere crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, does the render work without that footage in Premiere?

I found this resource for you for Premiere render errors. https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering-or.html

Can you try placing the Ae comp into the Pr timeline without rendering?

Keep us posted

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I get your exact question.

First, in premiere pro, when I would try to render or export media, I would get an error saying it couldnt render around time XX:XX:XX. I eventually figured out its the after effects linked comp. When I opened that linked comp, I would get that " "after effects warning: Error reading past end of file"" message. Nothing I did seemed to fix that error. Even replacing the footage of that comp. I ended up just removed/deleting that comp and redid it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i had the same problem and all i had to do was unfreezed a rotoscopy and make the program freeze it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! Seems like an issue with freezing the rotobrush files in linked comps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Absolute legend. Had this same issue and was driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later and this is still an annoying, unexplainable issue. Using 2024 with Roto Brush 3.0 and this error has constantly killed my workflow on many projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I use Rotobrush, I always pre-compose the trimmed footage layer, moving all attributes to the new comp and trimming the comp to the layer length. Then, the pre-comp, the now nested comp, is opened in the Layer Panel, and Rotobrush is applied. This keeps the extra frames at the head and tail of the shot from showing up in the Layer panel. If Rotobrush takes more than a couple of minutes to complete, I always pre-compose the Rotobrtushed comp again, open the comp, and then choose Composition/Pre-render to replace the Rotobrushed comp with rendered footage in the Project. When the file has been rendered, I delete the Rotobrushed comp to reduce the AEP file size and improve AE's stability. Pre-rendering also reduces the final render time of the comp. In some cases, the final render time is reduced by more time than it took to render the Rotoed footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines