• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Invert" color key

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a person with a blue hat and I want everything else in the clip except the hat to be transparent, how do I do this?

this would be as a "invert" color key in Pr

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

You either apply an Invert effect after the key or use the keyed layer as an inverted track matte on a a duplicate of the original source. Pre-composing the key may be necessary to get correct results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You either apply an Invert effect after the key or use the keyed layer as an inverted track matte on a a duplicate of the original source. Pre-composing the key may be necessary to get correct results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx!

What key should I use, there is no color key in Ae?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most efficient way to pull a procedural matte (color key) depends entirely on the shot. If the blue hat is fairly evenly lit you can use Keylight. You may need to do some serious color correction before you can get any keying or matte-creating software to do a good job. 

Post a screenshot of the footage and I'll be glad to help you figure it out. If you can pull a good key in Premiere Pro and that's all you need, then there is no need at all for an AE comp to pull the key. Just render a Lossless With Alpha copy of the footage from Premiere Pro. 

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx,

I used linear color key, invert and alpha chanel.. This worked great. I think I will use a black hat so

tne color should be possible to get fairly even.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful, black can be extremely difficult to use as a source for a matte. Any very bright hat that is a different color than any other item in the shot would be better than black. Even if the lighting is not perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, If I use another color than black, can I change this color to black after so it will be black in the final clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use the matte to isolate the hat, add the Black And White color correction effect, and fine-tune for the final color grade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!

Yes, that shold be the easy part.

thanx again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines