Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Target" check box to right of Mirror "Reflection Center" is not showing

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFTER EFFECTS 2022

I am trying to learn After Effects using the tutorial. In "Learn." It tells me to select a layer, which has a video. Then I am to add Effect > Distort > Mirror. No problem.

Then I am told, "To the right of Reflection Center, click on the box with a target icon inside and then click directly in the center of the logo in the Composition panel."

I have toggled switches/modes on and off, there is no box with a target icon to the right of Reflection. The first image is my timeline panel. The second is the tutorial. You can see in the red circle, there is a box with a dot in it. You can see on the timeline panel that there is no such option "to the right of 'Reflection Center.'"

Help, please.

Center.Mirror.jpgTutorial.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are viewing your effects threw the layer in the timeline. To be able to see this, go to your Effect Controls panel (if you don't have this, go to Window > Effect Controls: Summer_Forest in your case) 

JqkeFX_0-1640039534451.png

This is where you can click the little target icon and then click in the center of your composition.

JqkeFX_1-1640039562825.png

Hope this helps 🙂

- Jake

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jake, that was the solution. 

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see the target icon.

Target icon missing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My target icon is miising.
How do I get it to appear?

Target icon missing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the right Type,

As the expert suggested, instead of looking into the layers panel, select the layer and go to the Effect Controls panel to be able to see the target icon.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
2 hours ago 2 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You that heled immensely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines