"This project contains expression errors" but no apparent error!

Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See photo: I made a change to my comp, and got the expression errors warning. But when I click on the magnifying glass for any of the 19 errors, the expressions that get revealed in the timeline panel seem fine. No yellow triangles with exclamation marks indicating an error, and the expressions seem to be working fine.

What's up with that?

PhiDef_0-1645985767364.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022
The expression error will not prevent the project from rendering. If you don't what to see it make the layer with the error 3D, delete the expression, then make it 2D again. You just have an endless loop of errors created by removing the Z-axis when changing layers. It's more of an annoyance than a bug.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The next After Effects Beta build will have the fix so you will be able test this directly. It hasn't been released yet but will hopefully appear in the installer in the next few days.

Thanks again,

Jason

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines